Zcash (CURRENCY:ZEC) traded down 0.7% against the U.S. dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 17:00 PM E.T. on July 8th. Over the last seven days, Zcash has traded up 4.2% against the U.S. dollar. Zcash has a market cap of $730.52 million and approximately $287.69 million worth of Zcash was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One Zcash coin can currently be bought for $105.47 or 0.00866341 BTC on exchanges including Altcoin Trader, Kuna, CoinExchange and C2CX.
Here is how other cryptocurrencies have performed over the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded up 4.4% against the dollar and now trades at $27.53 or 0.00226148 BTC.
- Horizen (ZEN) traded up 2.8% against the dollar and now trades at $9.44 or 0.00077543 BTC.
- ZClassic (ZCL) traded up 14.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.65 or 0.00005323 BTC.
- CrypticCoin (CRYP) traded 1.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0011 or 0.00000009 BTC.
- Bitcoin Private (BTCP) traded 5.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.55 or 0.00004507 BTC.
- Bitcoin Interest (BCI) traded up 3.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0754 or 0.00000620 BTC.
- BitcoinZ (BTCZ) traded up 15.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0003 or 0.00000002 BTC.
- Zero (ZER) traded 1.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.14 or 0.00001109 BTC.
- Hush (HUSH) traded 1.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0612 or 0.00000503 BTC.
- Bitgem (BTG) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $2.79 or 0.00034116 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “zk-SNARKsThe BasicZcash is the first widespread application of zk-SNARKs, a novel form of zero-knowledge cryptography. The strong privacy guarantee of Zcash is derived from the fact that shielded transactions in Zcash can be fully encrypted on the blockchain, yet still be verified as valid under the network’s consensus rules by using zk-SNARK proofs. The acronym zk-SNARK stands for “Zero-Knowledge Succinct Non-Interactive Argument of Knowledge,” and refers to a proof construction where one can prove possession of certain information, e.g. a secret key, without revealing that information, and without any interaction between the prover and verifier. “Zero-knowledge” proofs allow one party (the prover) to prove to another (the verifier) that a statement is true, without revealing any information beyond the validity of the statement itself. For example, given the hash of a random number, the prover could convince the verifier that there indeed exists a number with this hash value, without revealing what it is. Application to ZCASHIn order to have zero-knowledge privacy in Zcash, the function determining the validity of a transaction according to the network’s consensus rules must return the answer of whether the transaction is valid or not, without revealing any of the information it performed the calculations on. This is done by encoding some of the network's consensus rules in zk-SNARKs. At a high level, zk-SNARKs work by first turning what you want to prove into an equivalent form about knowing a solution to some algebraic equations. In the following section, we give a brief overview of how the rules for determining a valid transaction get transformed into equations that can then be evaluated on a candidate solution without revealing any sensitive information to the parties verifying the equations. “
Zcash Coin Trading
Zcash can be purchased on these cryptocurrency exchanges: YoBit, BTC-Alpha, Allcoin, OKEx, Coinut, Crex24, LBank, LocalTrade, Cryptopia, BCEX, Trade Satoshi, Bit-Z, GOPAX, Liquid, Waves Decentralized Exchange, Cryptohub, Cryptomate, Tux Exchange, CoinExchange, Poloniex, CEX.IO, Coinroom, Bithumb, LiteBit.eu, Kuna, Huobi, C2CX, OTCBTC, BTC Trade UA, Bitlish, Sistemkoin, Graviex, CoinEx, WEX, Instant Bitex, Mercatox, BitBay, Exmo, HitBTC, Braziliex, Binance, Upbit, Coinrail, Altcoin Trader, Gate.io, BiteBTC, Bitfinex, Ovis, Bittrex, BX Thailand, BigONE, Gemini, Kraken and Bitinka. It is usually not possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as Zcash directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Zcash should first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Gemini, Changelly or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Zcash using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Zcash Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Zcash and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.