Algorand (ALGO) traded 4.7% higher against the U.S. dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 19:00 PM E.T. on January 25th. Over the last week, Algorand has traded 16.6% higher against the U.S. dollar. Algorand has a market cap of $1.77 billion and approximately $83.48 million worth of Algorand was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One Algorand coin can currently be purchased for approximately $0.25 or 0.00001061 BTC on major exchanges.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed over the last 24 hours:
- Avalanche (AVAX) traded up 6.2% against the dollar and now trades at $17.87 or 0.00077314 BTC.
- Cosmos (ATOM) traded up 9.7% against the dollar and now trades at $13.52 or 0.00058509 BTC.
- NEAR Protocol (NEAR) traded up 9.4% against the dollar and now trades at $2.55 or 0.00011029 BTC.
- Cronos (CRO) traded up 4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0811 or 0.00000351 BTC.
- Hedera (HBAR) traded up 6.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0676 or 0.00000292 BTC.
- Internet Computer (ICP) traded 5.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $5.77 or 0.00024944 BTC.
- PayProtocol Paycoin (PCI) traded 2.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.19 or 0.00000829 BTC.
- Kava (KAVA) traded down 4% against the dollar and now trades at $1.02 or 0.00004410 BTC.
- Theta Fuel (TFUEL) traded 2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0467 or 0.00000202 BTC.
- Moonbeam (GLMR) traded 4.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.47 or 0.00002014 BTC.
Algorand Coin Profile
ALGO uses the hashing algorithm. It was first traded on June 19th, 2019. Algorand’s total supply is 7,421,617,795 coins and its circulating supply is 7,199,419,636 coins. Algorand’s official Twitter account is @algofoundation and its Facebook page is accessible here. The Reddit community for Algorand is https://reddit.com/r/algorandofficial and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. Algorand’s official website is algorand.foundation. Algorand’s official message board is medium.com/algorand-foundation.
Buying and Selling Algorand
It is usually not possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Algorand directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Algorand should first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Coinbase, Gemini or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Algorand using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Algorand Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Algorand and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.